Oppo BDP-105 Tube Mods
Tube Modification for the Highly Acclaimed Oppo BDP-105!
Price: $2295 (Modification Only)
EFFECTIVE JUNE 1: PRICE INCREASE = $2495.
All orders accepted PRIOR to June 1, 2013 will receive current pricing.
RECENT FORUM THREAD POST (2.05.13)
I just got my ModWright a few days ago, and have to concur with all the great things said. And I was coming from a $18K GNSC modded Wadia S7i and a $32K Burmester 089 CDP. My ModWright 105 blows it out the door. Dan hit this out of the ballpark. It sounds organic, transparent and with that beautiful tube magic. The ModWright 105, IMHO, is the best sounding source I have heard in my system.
Talk2me (Threads | Answers | This Thread)_
Tube mod includes:
- Total redesign and replacement of single-ended and fully balanced output stage with our own tube analog stage (6SN7 driver tubes).
- External PS (new design) with one rectifier (5AR4, GZ34, 5U4, 5V4 and equivalents) and two voltage regulator tubes (13EM7,12EM7 and suitable subs.)
- ‘Truth’ umbilical of our own design.
- Upgraded Cardas GRFA series RCA’s for stereo outs.
- Upgraded Furutech cryo-treated IEC.
- Highest Quality resistors in key signal path applications.
- All signal wire = 99.9999% pure, cryo-treated solid-core silver wire from Cardas metals.
- Upgrades to internal stock power supplies (Linear power supply replacement for stock SMPS not included )
- Damping mods for chassis and transport.
- External supply available with optional ‘Hole’ to allow for use of taller, larger diameter tubes other than 5AR4/GZ34 (just ask).
Unit will function as DAC or player, USB or Coax digital input and fully balanced XLR or RCA single-ended analog stereo outputs via tube analog stage. The Oppo 105 is a true Universal Player, playing all formats for audio and video, 2CH and multi-channel (tube mod is optimized for 2CH playback).
No video or other functions of player are disabled in any way.
Customer must supply the player and may have it drop-shipped to our address from Oppo.com or other re-seller.
50% non-refundable deposit required to secure a firm start date. Work will be completed in no more than two weeks from start date. Remainder due, including shipping cost, upon completion of work.
The phone has been ringing and the feedback coming back from our customers has been stellar! If you are interested, please call or email us right away!
ModWright Instruments Inc.