KWA 150 'Signature Edition'
We have taken the KWA 150 and applied nearly two years of additional R&D and further thought into how to FURTHER improve upon the award-winning KWA 150.
Our customers say it best!
…the amp has settled in very nicely and I’ve REALLY enjoyed listening to my system over the past month – it’s doing all the things you said it would do! The dynamics and lower noise floor (I’m assuming these go hand-in-hand) are most noticeable – maybe an increase in separation, as well – whatever it’s doing, it’s doing it WELL! I was listening to a RR of Clark Terry w/ ‘big band’ today and the dynamics are incredible.
…I also forgot to mention with the SE I notice a more solid center image – sometimes it’s “funny good”. Most visitors think the center speaker is being used given the vocals are so solidly placed there on many tracks.
- V. Waldrop (Jul. 3, 2011)
Upgrades to all existing KWA 150’s available! Upgrade Cost = $2,000.
Summary of key elements of upgrade
- Upgraded model of Lundahl input transformer for improved speed and dynamics.
- Circuit design revisions to input circuits that lower distortion and improve dyanmics and resolution.
- Cryo-treated, solid core ultra-pure input wiring and 12GA stranded audio-grade output signal wire to binding posts.
- Revised capacitor bank (current storage design) that increases total storage (capacitance) and also lowers power supply impedance, which translates to faster current delivery to the output stage.
This all translates to the following in terms of sonics:
- A more open and resolving overall presentation.
- Tighter and faster bass and transients.
- Improved speed and dynamics, whilst still retaining tube-like midrange qualities.
- Improved soundstage and low-level cues due to an even LOWER noise floor.